Thursday, March 23, 2006

Working harder?

When I got married the song of the day “She works hard for the money”

I don’t think much has changed. Actually I think it is harder these days.

We have some many devices to save time, that I think they all must clash with each other.

Though the microwave may be the exception, how else can you do risotto in 20min with nothing to start including frozen meat? (Yes depending on how many you are cooking for)

Heck I am still looking for some balance; here I have 3 kids a wife who works and a business.

I all takes its time. These days we want to spend time with the family and with friends. How do we do that?

Not that I have it wall worked out I don’t, I have run all of my business from home. So I can at leased be part of what is happening. I am sometimes the taxi, I don’t mind going to football, concerts & the like though when I travel I have missed a few.

At the end of the day business puts the food on the table. My wife does drive, as long as she knows where she is going.

We need to work out what is important, and let the rest take care of itself.

As for work well we all have that, we do more hours for less that we use to.

When I was in big business, I had a PA these days you get a lap top and do your best.

Well for me that can cause a problem, being Dyslexic I never learned grammar or to spell.

I know words & I use spell check but that doesn’t always help.
So I do what I can I have help in that a few friends will proof read things for me.

So yes we do work hard for our money. If we earn it before we really earn it now!

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got this in my 'inbox' this morning.
Seems relevant and something I certainly need to remember:


"The maxim "Nothing but perfection"
may be spelled "Paralysis."

Winston Churchill

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Lachlan said...

Of course why do today what we can do tomorrow

 

Post a Comment

<< Home