Saturday, April 08, 2006

Loved ones

In a few short days, it will be 10 years since my mother past away.

She was a great lady but mostly she was my mum.

She was born in Scotland just before WW2 most of her early years were without her dad as he was at war.

Her mother was a nurse, who at the time was a stay at home mum.

She had two younger brothers.

One born just before her dad went to war and the other after he came home.

She came to live in Edinburgh just after the war; they lived in an apartment with now famous milkman one Sir Sean Connery.

She went to Uni and to become a Medical Technologist

After she had my youngest sibling she went back and did Podiatry.

I have 3 sisters & a brother who are 2 years 4 years 12 years & 15years younger than me my brother being the youngest.

Her achievements have probably been long forgotten by most.

We who were loved and loved her have not forgotten.

Some of her greatest achievements were us.

Her two sons and three daughters and now 19 grand children (which counts a couple of foster kids who live with us so long they are family) and her I think 12 great grand children.

The girls all live in Queensland these days, us boys are still in Sydney well almost James is just south of the city about an hour or so.

As for two of the kids are and their families are in Melbourne

We all have memories of loved ones; I hope this helps you to remember your loved ones like I do my mum.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home