Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Easter

Easter, I remember as a little kid it meant packing the car and driving to the south coast pitching the tent, being cold and wet by the end of the weekend.

Eating Blue-swimmer crabs (caught fresh) mmmmmm

3 or 4 hrs in the car putting the tent up in the dark, fighting with my sisters about nothing

Having egg hunts around the tent and usually with dog tied up, because she had probably are ready eaten the first lot of eggs.

Deb mash potato, worst thing ever made!!! UCK!!

Only thing worse than that is Deb with Baked beans :-(

As for jumping off the bridge and floating down the river when the tide was on the way out it closed up near the mouth and we had a rope across which you would grab two people came through and you were running back up to the bridge to do it again.

If you missed you had about 250m + swim back to shore

There were heaps of people, lots that were there holiday after holiday, we used to go there after Christmas as well.

Then it was youth camp for many years as a youth leader we would be off to wherever for camp some great some not so.

I was always a great time. Lots of fun & friends


At Easter we in Australia have a long weekend, when I was at school it was a 5 day weekend. Now it is the beginning of the school holidays

The last few years we have had a family lunch at the Mother in Laws whoever has not gone away is there so lots of family it is great, everyone brings a plate there is always a mountain of food. We have great time mum loves having her kids & grandkids & great grandkids around as for the rest of the weekend we all have a lot of things to do.

So what does it all mean well it means most of my life Easter has been a busy time, in it all though it has long been one of my times of reflection where I take stock of what is going on in my life.

For me the year is easily divided in to three, Easter, My birthday in August & Christmas.

So though it is a busy few days, I still take time to look at things.

I see how I am going, what is happening where my plans & goals are up too.

This year well it is interesting; I have been given more air time already that looks like an open door. I have some other things happening so it is all good.

Jesus came just over 2000 years ago, He came for Easter. For Him it was not a surprise it was not a shock it was the plan. He came so we could be busy, having lots of friends & family around, or off at camp or wherever.

That for Him was the plan that we would be free!

Free from the things that keep us from Him

He came the first time so, He could be back for a second!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home